TODAY’S TOP NEWS: 1st OCTOBER, 2022 (GPN):
TODAY’S TOP PHOTO NEWS:
NATIONAL and STATE NEWS:
1. President Droupadi Murmu will award the cleanest States and cities of Azaadi@75 Swachh Survekshan 2022 in New Delhi on Saturday
2. Women & Child Development Minister Smirti Irani inaugurated the three-day Poshan Utsav at Kartavyapath in New Delhi on 30 Sep evening. The event is being organised by the Ministry to mark the culmination of the 5th Rashtriya Poshan.
3. PM to launch 5G services on Saturday in New Delhi. Communications and Information Technology Minister Ashwini Vasihnaw has said that the Government is intended to cover the entire country with 5G services within two years.
4. 75 day long ‘COVID Vaccination Amrit Mahotsava’ concluded on Friday. The campaign began on 15th of July in a ‘mission mode’. Under this, special COVID vaccination drives were organized by all States and UTs to increase uptake for the precaution dose of COVID Vaccine among the eligible adult population.
5. Former Jharkhand minister KN Tripathi on Friday submitted his nomination papers for the Congress President election.
6. Supreme Court dismissed a PIL alleging that the lion sculpture atop the under-construction Parliament in Central Vista violates the national emblem’s design. “That impression depends on the mind of the person (seeing it),” said the bench. Petitioners had contended that the lions appeared “ferocious and aggressive” with their “canine visible” unlike the “calm and composed” original.
7. *GUJARAT* : PM Modi lays foundation stone and dedicates various projects worth over Rs 6,900 cr in Ambaji, Gujarat.
8. *J&K* : On PFI ban, the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) president Viqar Rasool said that outfit was not present in J-K and the AICC will respond to that. However, he sought a ban on the RSS as well.
9. The 3-Day National Seminar on Ladakh History, Culture and Heritage concluded in Leh on Friday. Indian Council of Historic Research, ICHR, in collaboration with New Delhi-based Jammu and Kashmir Study Centre and Central Institute of Buddhist Studies, CIBS, has organized the seminar
10. *MAHARASHTRA* CM Eknath Shinde on Friday said that Maharashtra has always been a leader in cleanliness and sanitation campaign and now under Clean Maharashtra Mission designed for cities, clean, beautiful and garbage free cities should become a people’s movement.
11. *MADHYA PRADESH* : BJP wins 417 out of 814 seats in Madhya Pradesh local body elections
The main opposition Congress won 250, Independents won 131, AAP won seven, Gondwana Ganatantra Party (GGP) won six and BSP won three seats in the polls
12. *KERALA* High Court (HC) asked the state government on Friday to clear obstructions put up by protesters in front of the Vizhinjam Port, which is being built by Adani Ports. The coastal people are demanding an impact study be done on the multi-crore project. Adani Ports had moved the court on August 25, seeking protection from the protesters
1. In the Kashmir valley, two terrorists were killed in an encounter that broke out a wee hour today in Yedipora village of Pattan area in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district. Both the slain terrorists were associated with the proscribed Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror outfit.
A joint team of Army’s 29 Rashtriya Rifles, CRPF, and Police cordoned off Yedipora village after inputs about the presence of terrorists in the area.
2. Nagaland govt has banned Popular Front of India (PFI) and organizations affiliated with it in the state.
3. A special NIA court acquitted Arshi Qureshi, a manager of the Islamic Research Foundation, whose President Zakir Naik was arrested in 2016 on charges of radicalising youngsters.
4. *UTTARAKHAND* CM Pushkar Singh Dhami reached Pauri district on Friday to meet the parents of murder victim Ankita Bhandari. The CM assured the family of strictest action against the culprits, adding that he will get the matter heard in a fast-track court. Ankita, a 19-year-old receptionist at a resort, was allegedly killed by expelled BJP leader Vinod Arya’s son Pulkit.
5. *HARYANA* administration on Friday bulldozed 48 shops that were built illegally on government land in Rewari. Police said the shops were allegedly built by a local gangster named Sunil Dulgach, who is head of the ‘Aaloo’ gang and is currently in jail.
💷 *GBP ₹91.19*
*57,426.92 +1,016.96 (1.80%)* 🔼
*NIFTY* : *17,094.35 +276.25 (1.64%)* 🔼
1. Amit Shah approves release of Rs 488 cr as Central share of State Disaster Mitigation Fund to UP, Punjab, Goa for 2021-22.
2. Bank of Baroda (BOB) has announced to launch of ‘Khushiyon Ka Tyohaar’. The ‘Khushiyon Ka Tyohaar’ includes a series of offers as an annual festival campaign.
3. Mastercard, a global payment and technology company is set to launch Carbon Calculator features. Mastercard is in talks with Indian Banks to launch the Carbon Calculator feature which will offer the consumers an estimated carbon footprint for each of their purchases.
××× *ENTERTAINMENT* ×××
1. President Droupadi Murmu on 30 Sep conferred on the winners the 68th National Film Awards for the year 2020 in New Delhi.
2. Dada Saheb Phalke award for 2020 was given to legendary actress Asha Parekh.
3. Best feature film award was given to Tamil film Soorarai Pottru. Hindi film Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior’ got the Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment. Ajay Devgn received the Best Actor award for the film, Tanhaji
4. Actor Salman Khan’s body double Sagar Pandey passed away on Friday. He died of a heart attack while he was in the gym in Mumbai. The incident happened at around 1 pm. Sagar Pandey was about 50 years old and had worked as a body double for Salman Khan in films like ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, ‘Tubelight’ and ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo.
1. Govt aiming to achieve Rs 35,000 crore defence exports target by 2025, says Rajnath Singh
2. Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh made on ground assessment of the country’s defence preparedness along the LAC by taking stock of the entire gamut of security-related aspects.Singh visited the forward areas of 3 Corps in Anini, a village in Dibang valley of Arunachal Pradesh.
3. Republic of Korea (ROK) Navy Cruise Training Task Group consisting of two naval ships, ROKS Hansando and ROKS Daecheong arrived in Chennai on a three-day visit on 28 Sep 22. During the visit, professional interactions and friendly sports activities are scheduled between the personnel of the Indian Navy and ROK Navy.
4. *FAMED IAF PILOT ABHINANDAN VARTHAMANAM’S MIG-21 SQUADRON BOWS OUT FROM SRINAGAR* : Raised in Chandigarh, the 51 Squadron moved to Srinagar on 1 May 1986. It was initially equipped with MiG-21 Type 76 and then with the Bisons in January 2004.
5. *IAF To Phase Out Remaining MiG-21 Bison Squadrons By 2025* :. India has three more squadrons operating the MiG-21 fighter fleet, which will be phased out by 2025. The MiG-21 (Mikoyan-Gurevich), whose NATO reporting name is ‘Fishbed’, was designed as a supersonic jet interceptor aircraft by the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau of the erstwhile Soviet Union.
The aircraft, which made its maiden flight on 16 June, 1955, holds the record of being the most produced supersonic jet in aviation history. It has had a long production run, from 1959 to 1985, and underwent updates and modification in many countries, including India.
The first MiG-21 aircraft came into the IAF in 1963 and since then a total of 874 have been inducted, including various variants of it. The first upgrade was in the 1970s and this variant was known as the MiG-21 Bis.
6. Sameer V Kamat was recently appointed as the Secretary DDR&D and Chairman of DRDO
✈️ *INTERNATIONAL NEWS* ========================
Commentator Harsha Bhogle took to Twitter to criticise British media for targeting India all-rounder Deepti Sharma over her mankading England’s Charlotte Dean.
🌎 *WORLD NEWS* 🌍
1. Pakistan’s largest multinational private sector bank Habib Bank Limited (HBL) is facing allegations in the United States of facilitating terror financing by aiding al-Qaeda.
2. Amid a worsening economic crisis due to floods, high inflation and depreciating currency, Pakistan on Friday urged the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to ease harsh terms which require Islamabad to increase power tariffs and fuel taxes over next six months.
3. Russian President Vladimir Putin signed treaties on Friday to begin the process of incorporating four Russian-controlled regions of Ukraine into the Russian Federation.
4. *AFGHANISTAN* , at least 19 people have been killed and dozens other wounded in a suicide bomb attack at an educational institute in the capital, Kabul.
5. United States, South Korea, and Japan navies staged trilateral anti-submarine exercises for the first time in five years on 30 Sep, amid tension over North Korea’s series of missile tests.
6. Australia: Govt announces to end mandatory home quarantine from 14th October.
1. *36TH NATIONAL GAMES* : Anish of Haryana won gold medal in Men’s Rapid Fire Pistol event at Ahmedabad in Gujarat on Friday. Ankur Goyal of Uttarakhand and Gurmeet of Punjab win silver and bronze, respectively.
(b) In Men,s 1500 Meter run, Parvez Khan of Services won gold medal. Ajay Kumar of Uttar Pradesh) won silver and Arun Wask of Madhya Pradesh Bronze.
(c) In Women’s High Jump, Swapna Barman set a new National Games record with a 1.83m jump in the women’s High Jump event.
(d) After winning a gold medal at 36th National Games in Gujarat, Olympic silver medal-winning weightlifter Mirabai Chanu tweeted, “Happy on winning [the] gold medal.” Mirabai, representing Manipur, won the gold with a total lift of 191 kg. She lifted 84 kg in snatch event and 107 kg in the clean and jerk event in the women’s 49-kg category on Friday.
2. India fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah likely to miss T20 World Cup owing to back injury.
3. India Women vs Sri Lanka Women
2nd Match, Womens Asia Cup T20 2022
Oct 01, 01:00 PM
4. The Indian cricket team is reportedly expected to fly to Australia ahead of the ICC T20 World Cup to attend a special preparation camp. According to ESPNcricinfo, the team will go on October 6, two days after the T20I series against South Africa gets over. India is likely to train at the camp till October 13.
*Frmn* : 01 Nov 1966
*Govrnr*: Bandaru Dattatreya
*CM* Manohar Lal Khattar (BJP)
*Districts* : 22
*🥇Gold ₹ 49,970.00 @10gm 24 (Krt)*
🥈 *Silver ₹ 61,500 @ Kg*
⛽ *Petrol ₹97.28/Ltr*
⛽ *Diesel ₹ 90.14/Ltr*
*LPG : ₹ 1,061.00 /14.2 Kg*
🇮🇳 *FACTS ABOUT INDIA* 🇮🇳
V. Chinnaiya Manrayar Ganesamoorthy, better known by his stage name Sivaji Ganesan, was an Indian actor and producer. (1 October 1928 – 21 July 2001).
He was known for his versatility and the variety of roles he depicted on screen, which gave him also the Tamil nickname Nadigar Thilagam (The pride of actors). He had acted 288 films in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi.
Ganesan was the first Indian film actor to win a “Best Actor” award in an International film festival, the Afro-Asian Film Festival held in Cairo, Egypt in 1960.
*😀Thought of the day*
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. =======================
* *JOKE OF THE DAY*
A man saw a board at d centre Of a River,
He tried 2 read
but he can’t read it.
So,he swim into d River &read
*“CROCODILE🐊 INSIDE-DONT SWIM”*
*why high tension wires make noise**
The audible noise emitted from high-voltage lines is caused by the discharge of energy that occurs when the electrical field strength on the conductor surface is greater than the ‘breakdown strength’ (the field intensity necessary to start a flow of electric current) of the air surrounding the conductor.
सर्वं परवशं दुःखं सर्वमात्मवशं सुखम्।
एतद् विद्यात् समासेन लक्षणं सुखदुःखयोः॥
sarvaṃ paravaśaṃ duḥkhaṃ sarvamātmavaśaṃ sukham।
etad vidyāt samāsena lakṣaṇaṃ sukhaduḥkhayoḥ॥
Everything that is in other’s control is painful. All that is in self-control is happiness. This is the definition of happiness and pain in short.
🤔 *HOW IT WORKS* ⁉️ =======================
*How a serial ropeway works* 🚡🚠🚟*
An electric motor drives the haulage rope which provides propulsion. Aerial tramways are constructed as reversible systems; vehicles shuttling back and forth between two end terminals and propelled by a cable loop which stops and reverses direction when the cabins arrive at the end stations.
💁🏻♂ *GK TODAY*
* *October – International Coffee Day**
International Coffee Day is celebrated on 1 October every year to recognise millions of people across the world from farmers, roasters, baristas, and coffee shop owners, etc. who do hard work to create and serve the beverage in the consumable form.
Uttar Pradesh is the highest sugarcane producing State in sub tropical zone having area about 22.77 Lakh ha. It produced 105.62 lakh tonne of sugar till April 2021.
*BORN TODAY* 🐣💐
*Ram Nath Kovind* (born 1 October 1945) is an Indian politician and the 14th President of India (25 July 2017). Previously he had served as the Governor of Bihar from 2015 to 2017 and was a Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha from 1994 to 2006.Before entering politics, he was a lawyer for 16 years and practised in the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court until 1993.
🙏🏻 *IDIOMS & PHRASES*
‘ *No pain no gain* ’ – You have to work hard for something you want.
*Genuine* × Spurious
*Genuine* : Absolute
🛕 *VEDIK GYAN*
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻) =======================
*What is special about Mansarovar?**
Lake Manasarovar: a Mystical Sacred Lake in Tibet. In remote western Tibet, Lake Manasarovar sits at the foot of Mount Kailash. Mount Kailash is regarded holy and therefore no one is allowed to touch it. All the trekking is done around it, and that’s the beauty of it as the place is devoid of human existence.
Mansarovar, which lies at an altitude of 14, 950 ft, is considered the highest freshwater body in the world. According to Hinduism, the lake was first created in the mind of the Lord Brahma after which it manifested on Earth. In Hinduism, Lake Manasarovar is a personification of purity, and one who drinks water from the lake will go to the abode of Shiva after death.
🧬 *HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES*🩺
( *Note* : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻) =======================
*Kadha* is a traditional Indian drink, often consumed as a chai or tea and is considered to be effective against cough and cold and seasonal flu. Made with Indian herbs and spices, Kadha is a natural immunity booster and is said to be the best remedy against fever and sore throat. It also cures cough and is loaded with antioxidants.
To make this effective home remedy, you need 2 cups of water, 1 inch of peeled ginger, 4-5 cloves, 5-6 black pepper, 5-6 fresh basil leaves, ½ tsp honey and 2 inch cinnamon stick. You can add mulethi (lecorice) if it is available.
*🙏PLZ SHARE IT🌼*
#GPN #TODAYS #TOP #NEWS #SATURDAY #1st #OCTOBER #BREAKING #NEWS #EDUCATION #JOKES #ENTERTAINMENT #EXCLUSIVE #PHOTO #NEWS
Leave a Reply